If you are not qualified to deal with electrical problems, why try fixing them and risking your life. If you require any electrical work like house wiring or rewire, it is always better to get a qualified electrician to do the work.
Here are a few key points which will help you find and choose a good electrician:
- Member of electrical contractors’ regulatory body – Ask for their registration number, write it down and do a check on the Internet for more information on them. They should ideally have an NICEIC, NAPIT or ELECSA membership;
- Highly skilled – They are part P certified and qualified to the latest IEE wiring regulations (BS7671:2008) to carry out the work;
- Experienced – Question them if they have got experience with similar cases and how long it took them to complete the work;
- Charge reasonable fees – Discuss prices with each one of them and compare the quotes. If they are too dear or too cheap they are not reasonably priced and more likely not good;
- Follow the safety regulations – Check the safety measures taken by them. If they do not follow the code of safe practice, inform their electrical contractors’ regulatory body;
- Positive customers’ feedback – Check on their company website for any customers’ feedback. Lots of good reviews are a good indicator that they will do a satisfying job;
- Public liability insurance – Check if they have insurance coverage as it helps to protect your house and content;
- Good customer service – Check if they have got good communication skills, friendly personnel, arrive on time and provide professional service;
- Certification of work – Question them if they are going to issue an electrical certificate for the work and check with your local authority for Part P compliance;
- Guarantees and warranties – Question them about the warranty coverage of the work in order to be certain that it will last for the duration of the warranty period and it will be repaired if necessary.Here are a few tips to help you get started with finding a good electrician in your area. You can get recommendations from:
- Family, friends and colleagues;
- NICEIC website;
- The Internet.Make a list of names you get from each one and limit it down to three. Follow the points mentioned above and find yourself a good electrician. Finding an electrical contractor is now an easy job, thanks to the Internet. With just a click of the button, you can find the very best of electricians near your. For electricians in Hemel Hemsptead, Watford, and St Albans just login to elsysltd.co.uk and get one of the best electrical contractors in Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
Full Range of Electrical Services
Elsys Ltd offers a full range of electrical services including:
- electrical installation work
- new wiring
- complete house rewire
- fault finding
- periodic inspection and testing in Hemel Hemsptead, Watford and St Albans, Hertfodshire.
According to the official website of the UK government: ‘About 6700 fires a year are reported as having an electrical source, which includes faulty or inadequate wiring. These fires, along with electric shock accidents cause around 43 fatalities and 2900 serious injuries every year. Cables, switches, socket-outlets and other equipment can get worn over time and so it is important to get them checked and replaced by a qualified electrician.’